Sunday, August 19, 2007

Withdrawal

*banging my head against the wall*

I've decided that I am having withdrawal from school. I need to be stressed out and overworked and spread as thin (this is the only kind of thin I will ever be) as possible by the demands of a full-time job, full-time family, and full-time school. School will fill the empty void left in my life upon graduating from midwifery school. Let's face it - I've become addicted to knowledge. I have even contemplated med school! But I realize I would be doing that for the wrong reasons (mainly my desire to not be beholden to a medical establishment, and not being able to get a job so far). Forget med school - I just don't want to even get sucked into that system. And I want to give a little more time and attention to my family than med school would allow for.

Now, the PhD on the other hand...I have said for quite some time I would pursue this. I can do it at my own pace and there is no oral defense for the dissertation (woohoo). I chose Clayton College of Natural Health to do a PhD in Naturopathy. I plan to get started in the next couple months...just gotta get the finances situated so I can make the down payment for the tuition payment plan. Once I finish this I am done. No more school...

Well, maybe the FNP program at Frontier...

No comments: