Saturday, August 18, 2007

I had my second interview last Thursday for this practice I would really like to join. I am cautiously optimistic. I say this because the last two jobs I really really really wanted didn't come through. Now I know you are saying to yourself, well that happens. But I was led to believe that they were very serious about me. The first one was in Pennsylvania - the director told me over the phone that she wanted to offer me a position and if I couldn't get out there for an interview they could work around that. I was able to go for an interview so I met her and the Chief OB (this was a hospital-based midwifery service). Befre I left that day she said she was ready to offer the position but would need to talk to the OB as a courtesy. I must have bombed that interview (although I didn't feel like it went that bad) because the following week, I got a Dear John letter from her saying they just didn't want to hire another new graduate (they had hired another one not too long ago)! I was so bummed out because I was ready to accept the position. But in hindsight, it was for the best. We decided that moving out of state was a financial burden we were not willing to take on at this time. Besides, we like it here.

I had another job offer in NJ while I was out in PA making rounds - was interested but decided for the above mentioned reasons not to take it.

The next job that really disappointed me was for a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner. They are a holistic integrated practice and I really liked the OB and office manager. They were intrigued by the possibility of adding a midwife as the OB backs lay midwives. Unfortunately the hospital they were moving to (brand new state of the art blah blah blah) does not credential midwives. I assured them that I would be interested in a in-office position (something is better than nothing since I can feel the knowledge seeping out of my brain as we speak!). They said they were very much interested. Then I got an email that they decided to continue to look but if something changed at the hospital they would give me a call. Again, I was really upset.

So here I am being cautiously optimistic - which means I am assuming I won't get the job even though I really want it and it went really well. They will let me know next week. Even if it happens it could take up to 3 months to get credentialed :P

1 comment:

AtYourCervix said...

Try low income clinics - we have two of them around here. They get both state and federal aid, and pay VERY well too.