Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bring on the lawsuits...

I saw this on Kevin MD's blog about an OB being sued for missing a delivery. What do you think????

I think what B.S. I have caught some babies as a L&D nurse because the doc didn't get there in time. Sometimes we can't always tell Mother Nature what to do. Sometimes women go really really fast. The way things are going, there will be no one left to catch babies anymore. They will all be scared out of the field due to the malpractice issues. Then women can deliver at home...on their own...what's that called? Autonomous birth or something?

Have fun.

2 comments:

Dr. Confused said...

Great. More women being told "don't push! The doctor isn't hear yet!" when their bodies want nothing more than to push.

Ciarin said...

I know what you mean - I have been guilty of it myself earlier on in my L&D career. I stopped doing it though after a while. I jsut let woman know that if they need to push then they just gotta do what they gotta do - but know that the doc may not make it in time. However I am equipped to handle the delivery til he can get here.