Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Weekend

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!

I am having a nice weekend other than the cold my husband has graciously shared with me. And from the sound of it this morning, my younger daughter is getting it as well. Ahhh, the gift that just keeps giving (the cold, not herpes! LOL).

Friday night my BFF and I went out for an adventure. We went to dinner at a japanese fusion and sushi restaurant. We had hot saki, japanese beer, and sushi - yum! We talked and generally chilled there for almost three hours. Then we headed off to a dive gay bar. The men looked like women and the women looked like men. It was interesting to say the least. They had karaoke going on so my BFF sang for the first time. She sang You're So Vain by Carly Simon and SexyBack by Justin Timberlake. Both so appropriate for me :p The only mishap occurred when I couldn't find the toilet in the restroom. I kept trying to figure out why there was a padlock on the stall. I wondered if I was supposed to use the men's room. My BFF went in the restroom and pointed out the toilet in the corner. The padlocked door was a storage closet! Yes, I had had a drink or few.

Last night, I went out to dinner with my husband. Neither of us was feeling really great so decided to keep it to just dinner. The original plan had been to see the movie Legion. We went to dinner at a very nice seafood restaurant. We started off with raw oysters whcih were so delish (except for two that weren't cleaned very well and kinda bland tasting). Then we had salad, lobster tail (with drawn butter - practically orgasmic), crab cake (yummmm), asparagus/green beans/carrot (the asparagus were slightly undercooked), mushroom risotto (bland), and scalloped potatos (to die for). We were sent home with a free dessert due to the long wait times so I chose a tuxedo dessert - will eat that later today. The wait time on dinner was looonggg - at one point, we saw another couple get up to leave and they had leftovers on their table. I told my husband we should go sit at that table - lol! Then the guy beside us finsihed his dinner and had a few green beans left over - I debated about asking if i could have them. In the end I opted not to ask :p

Today - feeling pretty crppy so will chill. Originally my BFF and I were supposed to go to a tea party but we decided we will just have a movie day.

No comments: