Thursday, February 12, 2009

Validation

I have been a little unhappy with my rheumatologist lately. I haven't been feeling well due to my immune related arthritis, for a few weeks now. I had an appointment recently and informed her of this. She basically blew me off but did draw my usual labs. Well, it turns out my C-reactive protein (a marker of inflammation) was significantly elevated. So she calls me and tells me, also saying this validates how I have been feeling. Gee...I feel so incredibly validated now that the labs showed it wasn't all in my head. :P

Anyway, I get to try increasing my Friday night poison now :p

On the lighter side, I had a really nice birth in the wee hours of the morning. She had an epidural, and it was her fourth baby, which made it really straight forward. She came in about 6 cms dilated, wanting an epidural. I got there just as she had gotten comfy. I wanted to check her and maybe break her water, which she was agreeable to. She was 8cm with a paper-thin cervix and a big bulging bag. After I ruptured it, she immediately dilated to 9 and then we had a baby 20 minutes later. She breathed/pushed/breathed the baby right out over an intact perineum. Nicely done!

No comments: