Monday, December 15, 2008

The weekend

The weekend on call was not too bad. I had three babies and those were all convinently (sp) during the day. I spent my nights at home in my own bed. I even got to go to the office Christmas party.

One thing of note...

About midnight last night, just as I had fallen asleep, I got another call from the triage nurse at the hospital. Apparently the doctor on call for the weekend (from another practice) had asked her to see if I would come in for a delivery on a doctor patient that had just come in and gone from 4 cms to 6 cms while in triage.

Uh....no.

I like this doctor and have caught babies for her in the past so she wouldn't need to come in....but that was when I was already there! I'm not getting out of my warm bed in the middle of the night for a doctor patient whom I have never met!

I had dental work done this morning - oh joy. But damn that nitrous oxide is good stuff!

No comments: