Saturday, May 15, 2010

Transplant Evaluation and stuff

My husband has been doing well considering. Energy level has improved to slightly above zilch :p

We are waiting on word from the transplant coordinator regarding dates for the 4-5 day intensive evaluation. I suspect this is something we will do a lot of....waiting.

Otherwise, not much else going on. We've been debating about cancelling our family vaca this summer. We finally decided to see if we could get a refund on airfare - keep your fingers crossed. It was decided that if we could get that money back then we would do a local vaca instead. But now with the week off I will need for the eval, may just cancel the vaca altogether and instead make the eval week a vaca. I would not need to be there every day and so could take the kids to do things. Then spend the evenings and weekend doing some fun stuff as a family - of course allowing for some naps for him! I just want to conserve my PTO.

We're trying to figure out what he should do this fall for school. It's no longer feasible for him to continue the program he was in due to the physical aspects. I suggested another course of action - do another program, just take one class a semester in somthing fun...ya know, for sh*ts and giggles to keep his mind occupied but not run up a lot of student loan debt.

As the medical bills are starting to roll in, I am anxiously awaiting the decision on his disability paperwork. The website says a decision has been made but we have to wait for snailmail to find out what the decision was :( I'm hoping the eval will be scheduled by the end of the month as the insurance deductible is almost completed for him - would then only add about $300 in medical bills to what I am currently dealing with. If it happens after June 1st then the deductible starts over again....$3000. Keep your fingers crossed.

1 comment:

studentrntiffany said...

Im sending my prayers and thoughts that the transplant goes well.