- water breaks prior to the onset of labor
- onset of labor doesn't occur by 24 hours out from rupture of membranes
- it's momma's first baby and her cervix is unfavorable
It frustrates me when...
- I call to give the oncoming midwife report and she appears to have an attitude of 'I can't believe you are leaving anything for me other than a perfectly normal spontaneous labor'
- I don't ever moan and groan to the preceding midwife about what I get 'left' but it happens to me
- patients call on weekends about minor gyn problems - really, it can wait a few more hours until the office opens!
I love it when...
- things go smoothly and no intervention is necessary
- a baby is born vaginally
- I can leave the board clear for the oncoming midwife