Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fibro Fog

I have what I now know are fibro fogs - difficulty concentrating and focusing. Here's a conversation with my husband recently...

Me: How was class?

Husband: We talked about _____ and it was really interesting. The teacher said that....wah wah wah, wah wah wah. Wah, wah, wah.....

Me: Wait, what?

Here's a conversation I had with my mother...

Me: What's been going on at work?

Mom: It's been crazy. The VP is back from Japan and on a warpath. She wah wah wah, wah wah wah. Then wah wah wah.

Me: Huh?

And here's one with a patient recently....

Me: So what seems to be the problem today?

Patient: Well, I have all this bleeding. And then I have this pain. And I want to change birth control. And....so on and so forth

Me: Wait, one thing at a time....and let me get this stuff written done.

See a trend?

1 comment:

AtYourCervix said...

Yes, welcome to Fibro fog.

I had an episode yesterday. Giving an update to my charge nurse: I couldn't for the life of me remember the word lochia. I referred to bleeding as uterus. Duh.