Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'm Still a Midwife

When I last 'talked' to you guys I was contemplating leaving midwifery and had started to set some plans in motion. I was applying to school to do another specialty.

Since then, I have switched jobs! I no longer want to leave midwifery anymore :) I have a new position that is considerably closer to my home and far more supportive environment. I'm working with a wonderful midwife I have known for about 4 years. Even better, one of the midwives from the 'old' job will be joining us soon!

I miss the midwives but absolutely nothing else at my old position. Things had only gotten worse and I was thinking about taking up drinking - haha. I was gonna call it group therapy though.

I am still planning to pursue an education in another specialty, waiting to hear if I have been accepted. I feel like it's important to have a back up plan :)

8 comments:

Carol said...

I am glad you have still found a way to do what you love. And a back up plan is ALWAYS a good thing =D

AtYourCervix said...

I am very happy to hear that you found a better fit for your midwifery skills!!

MamaDoodle said...

So glad you're back :) I've missed reading about your adventures with Nurse Crappy and all the rest. I'm also waiting on word about whether or not I'll be accepted into my program (FNP). Luck to us both!

Dena Moes said...

Hello! It is nice to see the good work you are doing. I am a CNM doing homebirth in Chico, CA. I just started a blog called The Midwife's Desk. www.chicomidwife.blogspot.com
Check it out, and if you would like, I could be a guest blogger on your blog. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

So good to see you! Keep writing (I know, pot calling kettle black) lol

Minority Midiwfe/LP :o)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that my book, Inspired Birth: A Fresh Perspective on Childbirth for Christian Maternity Careproviders has recently been published, and you can now enter your name in a drawing for a free copy of Inspired Birth. To see the details, read this post: http://birthamiracle.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/win-a-free-copy/ Thank you!

Peny@white scrubs said...

Looking forward for your new post, eh. And hoping that you had pursued an education that you want to learn. :)

DCarey said...

Welcome back! I've missed your insightful blog entries.